Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow, snow, snow

I sit here watching the snow fall. I love that I do not have to leave the house and I can just enjoy the beautiful sight. I can wrap my hands around a hot cuppa joe and watch my yard transform into a fluffy blanket of pristine white. Then, when lessons are finished, I will witness that perfection invaded by children's boots and colorful sleds. Hot cocoa and hugs follow when everyone is once again inside and warming up after thrilling snow-play.

Our lessons will be short today. I want the kids to enjoy the snowfall and expend some of their energy. We love the snow here! We have to remember to make snowballs today and store them in the freezer until summer. Our science center allows free admission on summer solstice if each person brings in a snowball. :-)

No comments: