Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Our daily schedule

This is our daily scheduled during the school week:

7:30 AM - alarms go off! Rise and shine! Boys get chore list done by 8-ish.
Chore list has the following items:
make bed
get dressed
dirty laundry in hamper
toys picked up
desktop clean
feed their pets
eat breakfast
brush teeth
8:00 - 9:00 AM - free play for boys (unless we are going somewhere that morning)
9:00 AM - morning prayers, saint of day, and start seatwork
IF they are not goofing off, they are done with most work by lunch
12:00 PM - lunch time
1:00 - 2:30 PM - finish up school day with Latin, ancient history, etc.

The kids are now free to play the rest of the day. However, on days when my mantra happens to be "Fratello Maggiore... get to work," free play doesn't start until dinner time!

I end up having to stay in the library with them or they stop working. I do bring the laundry, etc. in here to do and I listen to a lot of EWTN online since I have to stay put.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in awe that you can get the kids to do chores that early in the morning!! You need to tell me your secret!! Stay Warm & God Bless!!