Wednesday, January 9, 2008

first week o' school after the holidays

Here at SFAILA, it is still the Christmas season until the Baptism of the Lord on Sunday. We are still decorated and still in the holiday mood. However, I did start the kids back to the books this week and they were not happy. WHAT A SURPRISE! (not)

In celebration of resuming school, I am re-organizing things. My friend Carmela had a great idea with a (milk-carton type) plastic file holder per child. I ran out to get some today and already have the boys' subjects organized into hanging file folders. Ok, I know, what you are going to say - "See how long THAT idea lasts!" Since I am an eternal optimist, I'll pray for at least a week :-)

Fratello Maggiore decided not to rejoin the children's choir, so it was just Fratello Piccolo singing his heart out. He did such a great job and was really into learning the new Mass parts for Easter. In adult choir practice,we started to learn a new hymn "Here I Am" - a very comforting song. I found out this weekend that our choir director had to play/sing at 28 funerals as a result of 9/11. How heartbreaking...

No comments: